The Sample House
The Sample House was built between 1908 and 1912 and originally used for sample preparation and both Vanning and Chemical Assays.
There were bars over the windows dating from the early years when tributers worked on the mine, designed to prevent tampering with samples as they were paid on the tin content of the ore they produced. The chemical assays were undertaken in the top room (closest to Victory shaft bank). Just before World War Two the Mill / Chemical assaying moved out, the Sample House continued predominantly for underground sample preparation and vanning assays through the life of the mine.