A family friendly day out
Our aim is to make your visit as family friendly as possible. We never say shhhhh. We want you to explore Geevor and we want to share all the things we love about our museum with you.
We pride ourselves on being a hands-on site, with workshops, activities and games for children to take part in. Our staff love talking to everyone on site, explaining some of the history of the mine and for some, sharing their stories of working here.
We have signed up to the Kids in Museums manifesto and we think it’s a brilliant project.
People of all ages enjoy exploring Geevor. We run a programme of events and activities aimed at children particularly in the school holidays. Please visit our News and Events page for more details of our family events.
Our free onsite activities include:
- Panning for gems – you can take what you find home with you!
- Interactive museum exhibits using various media and senses, suitable for all ages!
- Colouring-in station to take home a masterpiece, or leave for others to admire
- Entire site to explore and discover at your own pace
- Our Hunting for Tin trail
Pushchairs cannot access all buildings, so you might want to bring a baby carrier. To go underground children need to be able to walk independently.
There are baby changing facilities in our toilets on site. Please ask a member of staff for directions to the nearest facilities.